Getting together as a group for support and to help troubleshoot a common issue, facilitated by a health care provider who has expertise in that area, can improve outcomes, decrease costs, and increase patient satisfaction (the IHI's Triple Aim). TLC Family Health has a 580-sq. ft. (seats 60) conference room created specifically for that purpose. Feel free to bring your lunch or dinner! There are three types of group visits available:
- TLC University consists of monthly group medical visits that specifically target the top five "TLCs" (Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes): Nutrition, Staying active, Stress management, Sleeping well, and Weight management. Unlike IGSs (see below), there is no PowerPoint presentation; instead, the entire time is spent learning from each other. Each TLC "U" session is usually held monthly, and sign-up is required.
- SLIM TLC Group Visits are part of our SLIM TLC program, and consist of group medical visits specifically catered to those enrolled in the program (click HERE for a brochure). They are usually held the 1st or 2nd Saturday at 11:00 a.m. (after our monthly Q&A session) and the 3rd or 4th Wednesday at noon, but this may change as needs dictate. You do not need to sign up (just show up!) for SLIM TLC Group Visits, but enrollment in our SLIM TLC program is required.
- Interactive Group Seminars (IGSs) allow us to teach our patients more efficiently, along with providing valuable group support and troubleshooting. Each IGS consists of an educational component (PowerPoint presentation) for 20-25 minutes, followed by group discussion for 20-25 minutes. Learn and share! IGSs are held as needs arise and/or interest is expressed (contact us), and require five people to sign up before being scheduled (which we will coordinate). Feel free to drum up some interest about a specific topic, and once you have five or more people ready to sign up, let us know!
TLC "U" group visits and IGSs (that aren't clearly designated as free) cost $10 for the public and $5 for à la carte patients; members receive one free TLC "U" visit or IGS per month (others are $5 each). The possible topics for IGSs are endless, and we may add or remove specific topics as needs change. All attendees must sign an IGS Consent Form to be able to participate. Here are some examples of the types of IGSs we plan on holding:
- Allergies (hay fever)
- Appetite and weight control (Checking Your Fuel Gauge™)
- Ask-a-question (potpourri)
- Back pain management (We've Got Your Back!™)
- Cancer prevention and screening
- Cardiovascular disease detection, prevention, and treatment (“Resisting Cardiac Arrest™”)
- Depression and Anxiety: Why so prevalent?
- Diabetes (and “The Diabolic Syndrome”)
- Fatigue evaluation and management (Just Pooped™)
- Insomnia (Vitamin Zzzzz Deficiency™)
- KidTLC® (and TeenTLC)
- Low testosterone (Early Manopause™) – What’s the Scoop?
- Parenting effectively: How to Speak Childese™
- Respiratory and stomach illness treatment (non-prescription) and prevention (Bug Control™)
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management (See You Thin™)
Please contact us to let us know if you have any questions or ideas for other IGSs.
Simply register for your desired TLC "U" session or IGS from the Calendar page, and if you are a TLC Family Health patient, you will be charged according to your membership plan. If you are not a current TLC Family Health patient, you may pay ($10) at the door (or less if you Sign Up!). Remember to sign an IGS Consent Form and bring it with you (or we'll provide one for you when you come in).