about TLC Family Health
Founded by Douglas M. Cluff, M.D., TLC Family Health is an affordable membership model of Primary Care, AKA Direct Primary Care (DPC – check out the video below!), which removes costly insurance and other middlemen from the patient-Primary Care Physician relationship. We believe it is, or must become, the future of Primary Care, in order for the health care system to survive. Insurance is important to have for emergencies, but its presence in Primary Care drives up costs significantly, in many ways. It is similar to auto insurance – we do not expect auto insurance to pay for tune-ups, oil changes, and basic repairs. You will be amazed at how much overall health care costs can fall when insurance and other middlemen are left out of the equation (especially for labs, in-office tests, injections, and imaging) and you are part of an effective DPC practice. Click HERE to learn how!
Many ask, "I can see where this would be a great blessing if I was self- or uninsured, but I already have insurance. How can I justify paying extra?" Answer: Most of our patients have insurance, but have realized that their deductibles far exceed our yearly membership fee, and they get a much bigger bang for their buck by joining our practice (not to mention all the perks!).
Employers: Learn how to improve employee satisfaction and health, and to decrease lost work days, by visiting our Businesses page!
We thank you in advance for having faith in us. We’re confident you will not regret making us a partner in your care.
- Wish you could have a great relationship with a personable PCP, with open communication?
- Wish you could get all your labs, tests, and injections done at a fraction of the usual cost? Look right ––>
- Wish you had the option of doing e-visits (e-mail, telephone, and video)?
- Wish you could get in more quickly to see your doctor?
- Want to be able to reach your doctor in an emergency?
- Wish you could schedule your appointment online?
- Wish you could spend more time with your doctor (up to an hour!)?
- Have to wait forever for your appointment to start?
- Wish you didn't have to pay extra for procedures?
- Wish cost were not such a huge barrier to seeking care?
- Think you would enjoy group visits?
- Want to provide an amazing benefit for your staff?
- Want discounted counseling and coaching services?
how it works:
At TLC Family Health, you pay mainly for the physician’s time - and receive all labs, tests, and injections at cost (usually >90% off usual prices, e.g., a cholesterol panel is $4.00; a strep test is $1.19; a Rocephin shot is $1.75), removing any incentive to add unnecessary tests or services. This drastically reduces overall costs, at the same time improving the patient-physician relationship and quality of care.
To be seen at TLC Family Health, you have three options:
- Gold Membership (90% off physician services, along with other premium discounts)
- Silver Membership (50% off physician and other services, along with other discounts)
- One-time visit (see below for details)
Note: Due to the higher level of care provided, we have set an initial limit of 600 Gold and 300 Silver memberships.